Pages

5.13.2013

Color Vibe

Guys, I did it!  
I completed my first 5K!

It went well and I finished. . .I did stop once and that was my mistake that effected the rest of the race.
I ran the race with two of my sisters-in-law, Kami and Alisha.  I was ahead of them and at probably about a mile and a half I decided to stop for them.  After I stopped I just felt done.  I didn't wanted to walk.  I didn't stop again after that, but I did walk a few time each time for only probably 30 seconds.  It was also a fast walk and I was able to pretty much keep up with them while walking.  

Alisha had gone on in front of us and Kami was a sweetheart and stayed with me.  Alisha waited at the last hill so we could all finish together.  It was a lot of fun.  

So my lesson for whenever I do another 5K is DON'T STOP.   I don't think I'll ever do anything more than a 5K, I still don't love running, but I enjoyed pushing myself and I definitely want to do another 5K and do it without stopping or walking.
Enjoy a few pictures from the day!





1 comment:

Hardings said...

Congrats on the 5K that is pretty awesome!