There are a few other aspects to it, but that's the gist of it! It was so great for me! I have never been one to really exercise, but this has gotten me to really enjoy exercising!! I love going to the gym! I even kind of enjoy running now. Gah! Who would have ever guessed!! (I'm even doing my first 5K this weekend, hopefully I'll survive to blog about it)
There are guidelines on what foods you can and can't eat. For example on the "Bad Food" list is sugary cereal, anything white flour, soda (you can have diet), ice cream, whole or 2% milk, potato chips, etc. The "Safe Food" list includes low sugar jam, pretzels, air popped popcorn, sugar free jello, lower fat sauces, etc. And the "Good Food" list includes oatmeal, brown rice, whole grain bread and tortillas, fish, chicken, turkey, eggs, peanut butter, fruits, veggies, etc. Thankfully you can have three, 150 calorie or less, sweets a week! If you have more than that you subtract 5 points for every 150 calories. I got negative points from this every single week! I love my sweets!
I ended up losing 8 pounds in 6 weeks. My goal was to lose 5. So yay! I am now only 2 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight, but my goal is to lose 11 more pounds. That will put me back to where I was when I graduated high school. I think I could have done better, but like I said, I love my sweets! Plus Easter was in the middle of the challenge! CHOCOLATE!!
Alisha and Kami were great workout buddies! Here are a few pictures on our last day of the challenge!!
Alisha won out of the three of us, for her prize we paid for her pedicure and manicure as well as ice cream! I cannot even tell you how happy Kamila was to get ice cream!
It was also awesome to work out and then go get ice cream after.
Here is a before and after picture of me. The first one is a little fuzzy because I did it with the self-timer. Can you see a difference? I can. In my face especially.
I'm very grateful for the opportunity to do the fit in six, it has helped me be more aware of the things I eat. I realized that I had been eating very little veggies! It's helped my family be healthier and more active. It also helped me grow a stronger relationship with Kami and Alisha. Especially Alisha, and I am so grateful for the friendship we have now.
We are starting another round of fit in six on the 17th of this month. We have several more people joining us this time and I am going to be the host. I'm not sure if I know what I'm getting myself into, but I'm sure it will turn out great! I'll keep you all updated!



2 comments:
Sounds great! 8 lbs is awesome. Congrats on completing the challenge. Looks like you had fun doing it too. Good luck on your upcoming 5k, you'll rock it! Take care :)
Looking good! Keep it up!
Post a Comment