Pages

6.26.2011

Temples

Ogden, UT temple

"The temple was a place of learning for the Savior when He was on the earth; it was very much a part of His life. Temple blessings are available once again in our day."
James E. Faust

I love going to the temple, during my senior year in high school I would go (with Nicole and sometimes Kristy) to do baptisms for the dead before school just about every Wednesday.  Also for my senior trip Nicole, Kristy, and I went on a temple trip!  We started in Logan and went down to Provo doing baptisms for the dead at every temple in between.

  I love the feeling of the temple, you feel completely at peace, it is a sacred place, when you enter you leave the world behind.  It helps you remember God's plan for us, and think in more of an eternal perspective.  I have received a lot of comfort in the temple.  Towards the end of my pregnancy, around 34 weeks I think, the doctor said I was measuring a little small so they were scheduling another ultrasound to make sure everything was okay.  I started getting a little worried!  The week before the ultrasound I was able to go to the temple and in the Celestial room I decided to pray about this.  When I started my prayer I felt so much peace and I just thanked Heavenly Father for the healthy baby I would be able to bring into this world.  If any of you remember my earlier post about this ultrasound, it turned out that Avery was measuring ahead of my due date!  So I really had nothing to worry about!  

I love the work that I am able to do in the temple for those who have passed on without the opportunity of receiving these ordinances.  The spirit I feel from these people and the gratitude I know they are feeling in wonderful.  The last time we went to the Ogden temple before it was closed we did sealings, I love doing sealings.  The sealing ordinance is so special to me and doing it for these families who have waited hundreds of years fills me with the spirit.  Feeling how happy these families are to finally be sealed together for all eternity.  

"Through the power of [the] priesthood. . ., husband and wife may be sealed, or married, for eternity; children may be sealed to their parents for eternity; thus the family is made eternal."
Joseph Fielding Smith

I love the temple and i feel so blessed to live in Utah where they are so convenient to me!  The Logan temple is closing for cleaning soon and the Ogden temple is now closed for the next few years for remodeling and Louis said he heard someone complaining that they're going to have to drive all the way to the Bountiful temple.  Are you kidding me!  We're so lucky!  Some people have to drive hours to go to the temple, some people have to wait years to save the money to take their family to the temple so they can be sealed. I'm so grateful that we have temples on the earth today and so so blessed to have the knowledge that I have of the restored gospel.

Salt Lake City, UT temple

San Diego, CA temple

The temple lifts us, exalts us, stands as a beacon for all to see, and points us toward Celestial glory

No comments: