Pages

6.29.2011

7 months

This is coming a week late but Avery is now 7 months old!

here are her stats for this month:  
26 3/4 inches long (90th-95th percentile)
18 pounds (50th-75th percentile)

She's is still growing so great!  These measurements are just approximate because they were just done by me at home.  I calculated the percentiles at babycenter.com.  It makes me so happy to see how healthy she is, I just love that chubby little face!  
and I say chubby with the deepest love any mother can have!
6 months seemed like a big milestone to me and now that we're past that it's incredible!  Only 11 more months until she's in nursery!  We just have the most fun with Avery, I love spending my days with her.  I know the more she grows the more fun we're going to have!

Some new things she's been doing:

We started on formula and the transition went pretty smoothly, I wish I could have nursed longer, but it just didn't work out for us sadly.  She loves her bottle though when she sees it she lunges for it and get's upset if it's not ready for her yet!  She's also started having juice from a sippy cup, it took her a while to figure out how to use it, she would just be sucking on it like a binkie then be surprised when something came out of it.  She's really good at using it now though!
Also along the lines of eating, she's tried some new foods this last month.  The ones that she really liked were pancakes and pickles!  The pickle she just tried on Monday and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Avery hasn't been saying any words yet, but she does make a lot of noises, all the time!  She screams a lot, not so good at controlling the volume of her voice yet.  I whisper to her a lot so hopefully she'll get the idea.  She makes  a lot of sounds, ya ya ya is her favorite, she also says na na na, bwa bwa, and she blows raspberries a lot too.  I think she tries to say hi, when I say it to her she looks at me with great concentration  and kind of say ha ha.  So maybe that'll be her first word, time will tell.
Avery is awesome at sitting up now, even when she's on her back she gets up on her elbows trying to sit up.  She also bends in half when she's sitting down and eats her feet.  One time she fell asleep like that.
Looks comfortable doesn't it.
When she's on her stomach she kicks her legs a lot trying to move.  She doesn't get up on her knees yet though.  She does use her arms though to move around in circles and rolls around a lot to get where she wants to go.
She loves playing with her toys, she'll pick them up and play with them for a while and when she's done she'll chuck them to her side and pick up a new toy.  She also has started playing peek-a-boo.  I will put her blanket over her face and she'll pull it off and look up at me with a huge smile!  All in all Avery is just fantastic and still such a happy baby she smiles all the time.  I'm so blessed to be her mother.


2 comments:

The Dance Source said...

She is getting so big! She's adorable I love the update! :)

Em said...

So so cute!!