Pages

5.09.2011

Easter

I know Easter was a few weeks ago, but I've been slacking here a little bit. On Easter we were able to see both mine and Louis' family. We started out with Louis' family, This was my third year being with the Brandley's the first year Annette hid baskets, last year she came up with this awesome scavenger hunt, and this year she hid baskets again. Louis and I shared a basket so I let him go off and find it for us. He eventually found ours under the sink in the bathroom after finding everyone elses basket first. He even found Avery's under the TV. We also read some scriptures and talked about Jesus and each said why the atonement/resurrections means to us.
We left around quarter after 2 to go to my parent's ward for sacrament, but first we needed to stop at their house to get a bottle for Avery that I had forgot there. So I run in and after I close the door I start to hear this beeping. It takes me a while to figure out what it is and then, OH GOSH I JUST SET OFF THEIR NEW ALARM SYSTEM!!! I felt stupid, but what could I do then, I don't know their code, so I go and start warming up the bottle and I leave. When we get into the chapel at church I told my parents that I had set off their alarm so my dad gets up to go meet the police. He got there about the same time they did and told them what had happened. Since they were at church and couldn't get a hold of my parents they called their emergency contact Ben and so he was heading over too, but it was all resolved when he showed up. Does anyone think it was stupid for me just to leave? I figured I can't do anything, I'm on my way to see my parents anyway and they're the ones who will have to take care of it. The whole situation was talked about the whole day, it was great.
So that was our Easter in a nut shell we didn't give each other our baskets until the next day I think. We still have a ton of candy, it's ridiculous.

No comments: