Our little baby Avery is here! She was born November 22 at 11:31 A.M.
She was 6 lbs 10 oz and 19 inches long. 10 fingers 10 toes and just perfect!
I woke up at 3:30 in the morning having pretty regular contractions and stayed at home until 6:30. Louis was at work so I called my sister-in-law Celestial to take me to the hospital then called Louis so he could meet us there. He met us there just a few minutes after we got there. I was only dilated to a 3 when I got there which was frustrating because I was already a 3 at my appointment on Friday and after 3 hours of regular contractions nothing had happened! I was 100% effaced though. When my doctor came in I had dilated to a 5 though and within two hours was to a 8 and I swear 1 minute later I was to a 10. I chose to do my labor un-medicated, partly because I wanted to prove to myself that I could, partly because millions of women have done it, our bodies are made for this, and partly because I hate needles and have you seen those needles they use to give you an epidural??? Things went well, I walked around while I could and rocked back and forth and that helped. At one point they said Avery seemed to be stressed so they put me on oxygen, and honestly that helped me get through the contractions more. It helped me to focus on my breathing and relax. I think it helped speed things along in the end. Right before I started pushing I was feeling a lot of pressure. I have never been through labor before, I didn't know that it was Avery ready to come, I just thought I have to go to the bathroom haha! I called in a nurse to help me up to go to the bathroom and then I realized no, I think I need to push! We got back to the bed and my doctor was called! When my doctor came in the baby was already crowning and 5 minutes later she was here! It felt like more than 5 minutes of pushing, but Louis told me it was only 5 minutes, my perception of time was messed up I guess! When she was born they immediately put her on my chest and I cannot even explain the emotions that came over me at this moment. I guess Louis cut the umbilical cord, but I honestly do not remember that, I was just focused on my Avery.
Louis was very helpful the whole time, he stayed so calm which was a huge help because I was not calm so he helped me stay focused. A very wonderful nurse named Leslie helped me so much as well. She wasn't even the nurse assigned to me, but stayed right next to me the whole time during the delivery and helped me to stay focused on what I needed to. It was all worth it and I'm glad I was able to do it naturally and that she's good and safe. . .and out of me! We're both doing well and are enjoying our bonding time!
Enjoy a bunch of pictures!

Right before heading out to the hospital
Getting to hold my baby girl for the first time

Getting cleaned off, and showing off her good lungs
6lbs 10 oz
Getting to hold her after she was all cleaned off
Proud Daddy!
Her first bath given by her daddy.
Uncle Phill was so happy she came early
and he got to see her before his mission!
Sweet Daddy daughter moment
4 comments:
Becca and Louis, I am SO SO SO excited and happy for you both!!! Thank you for letting me be a part of all the fun yesterday! She is absolutely beautiful and I just know you are and will continue to be wonderful parents! I hope that Maya and Avery will become great friends and Avery and our next one too "Ancum" (as Maya so lovingly calls him/her?)!!! What a fun adventure Parenthood is, but I know you two are up for the challenges and the many great blessings!!! Can't wait to see you all again soon!!!
Love you ALL!!!
p.s. Just a question... Your post says Avery was born November 21, but yesterday was the 22nd right? Just curious if I'm tripping out or it accidentally says the wrong date???
Oh yes it was the 22nd I put 21st on facebook too. I don't know why I have 21st in my mind. I changed it though so it should be right now haha
CONGRATS!!!!
Awe Becca!!! SHE is ADORABLE!!! Congrats!
Post a Comment