It's pretty hard to believe that it's already been a month since Avery joined our family. It's been a fun month and I think Louis and I have done well with the adjustments it's brought. Avery's learned a lot, had her first babysitter and has gotten to go on a lot of fun trips.
Let's start with what she's learned. . .at about 3 weeks she rolled over from her stomach to her back! I know she didn't mean to but it was still very exciting. She's always rolling onto her side so I wondered if one of these times she'd just go all the way over. We have gotten the art of nursing down pretty well, we had a rocky start, but I'm glad it's going well now. She had jaundice when she was first born and had to be on a bilebed for a few days and I was told by my aunt who had some of her kids on one as well that babies with jaundice have a harder time nursing so maybe that's why it was so hard at first. She'd push away from me and pretty much refuse to eat, I had to pump and then give her a bottle. She would actually take the bottle with no problem which was slightly frustrating. It is so much better now though! She does pretty well with sleeping, she only usually get's up once during the night and hopefully (fingers crossed) she'll learn to sleep through the night.
Avery's Grandpa Brandley was her first babysitter. Louis had a work Christmas party that we went to and Joel came all the way up from Ogden to watch Avery for us. Everything went well and they had a good time together! Josh and Megan have also watched her, it was actually on Josh's birthday (we had celebrated the night before though) and they took her so we could go on a little date. I really appreciated it and was able to have a great time going out to eat with Louis. I'm grateful we have family close and family that are willing to watch her for us, even on their birthdays!
The past weeks have been a little busy for us. The Sunday after Avery was born Louis' brother Phillip was having his farewell. So we headed down to Ogden for that. He did a great job on his talk even though he was nervous! We also sang in the sacrament meeting and that went well too. Phillip was very grateful that Avery came early for him and that he got to spend a little time with her before he left. The Tuesday after that we headed back down to Ogden for Phillip's setting apart and to go to Sterling's basketball game. Which they won if I'm remembering right. That Saturday we once again went to Ogden to go to Kami's institute Christmas program which was really good, I always enjoy going to them.
So our little Avery is doing great and so are we! Here are some pictures of our first month with her.
This is usually how she sleeps, always with a hand by her face, even in her ultrasound pictures she had a hand up by her face like that
Grumpy face
After her first real bath, she hated it
This was Louis' idea, but it's cute isn't it!
2 comments:
Oh I just love the pictures, the one with her wearing the bow looks alot like a 'Keeffer'. I'm glad the nursing is going so well, it honestly is easier, which I'm sure you know by now. Have a wonderful Christmas and I wish I could visit soon to see her!
Oh my goodness I can't believe I didn't know she was born yet! I can't believe it's been a month! Time flies when you're sleep deprived right?
Post a Comment