This past week was fantastic Louis and I had a lot of fun things we got to do! First I'll start out by finishing up on his birthday week. Well I continued with the present giving, he got a present a day except for on Saturday because we were out and about. I think his favorite present were the horse shoes game set I got him, he's wanted one for a while and he kept telling me when there was a sale on them somewhere. So I was sneaky and got them for him. I saved that one to give him Sunday night as his final present of his birthday week. I also did some other things for him like make some of his favorite dinners and desserts. (See pictures below)
BBQ chicken pizza, one of his favorites
The always delicious and slightly addicting homemade oreo cookies!
So all in all it was a great birthday week and maybe it'll become a tradition for us because I enjoy doing it and Louis enjoy having it done for him! :) He says he feels the same as he did when he was 22, but really has anyone felt profoundly different or older after a birthday? I haven't. I'm very glad I got to spend another amazing year with Louis, it was lots of fun and I look forward to this next year.
So all in all it was a great birthday week and maybe it'll become a tradition for us because I enjoy doing it and Louis enjoy having it done for him! :) He says he feels the same as he did when he was 22, but really has anyone felt profoundly different or older after a birthday? I haven't. I'm very glad I got to spend another amazing year with Louis, it was lots of fun and I look forward to this next year.
Louis with some of his presents at the end of his birthday week
Now on to the next subject, mission calls! Louis' little brother Philllip (did you see how I spelled your name Phillip? Do you get it??) received his mission call last Wednesday!! It was a big shock to everyone, we didn't know he had decided to go on a mission. On Wednesday he called me up saying that on Thursday everyone would be going over to his parent's house in Ogden to see him open his mission call! A little confession, Louis and I had already figured out he was getting his mission call. Well Louis figured it out and then told me. He just figured it out by different appointments Phil was having and shots he was getting and stuff. So anyway we were totally excited and on Thursday we headed down to Ogden to watch him open it! There were a lot of people that showed up that love Phil and were excited about his decision. When he finally opened his call I got a little teary eyed, I don't know why. Phillip has been called to serve in the San Bernardino CA mission and he leaves December 1st! Only 2 months! Less than two months now I guess. So now I've started praying that this baby comes before the first so he can meet her before he leaves. Phillip is going to be a great missionary everyone in San Bernardino is going to LOVE him. We're glad for this decision he's made!
Louis and Phillip before he opened his call
After opening up his call
Louis' mission reunion was good, there were a lot of people that showed up and a lot of new people I met. I honestly don't remember any of their names now, but still it was fun. We had a little adventure trying to find the church, we went into one church parking lot that we though was it, but it turned out to be the wrong one. Then we passed the church it actually was because we couldn't see any cars there. We turned around though and pulled into the parking lot to discover that everyone was just parked in back so we couldn't see any cars from the street. They had some snacks for us and we just sat and talked. Then the mission president and his wife talked a little bit about what is going on with their family and what is going on in Central America. (Louis went to Guatemala for those of you who don't know) Only one of Louis' companions was able to come so we got to talk to him for a little bit, then there were many other people that we talked to and he just got caught up on what was going on in their lives. After the reunion we went to a hotel in Salt Lake to spend the night because we got tickets to the Saturday morning session of conference. So on Saturday morning we left our car in the parking lot of the hotel and walked to the conference center, the blocks in Salt Lake are so big! I felt like we had been walking FOREVER and when we got to an intersection we had only walked ONE block! Horrible. It was of course worth it though the morning session was absolutely amazing, I think it was probably my favorite session. We then left Salt Lake and went to my parent's house for the afternoon session. Then Louis went off to the priesthood session. Every conference Louis goes with his family to priesthood then they play basketball forever, then they go to Grandpa Brandley's house for ice cream. He didn't get back to my parent's house, which is where we were staying the night, until about midnight. He has an awesome time each year and it's a good tradition. For the Sunday afternoon session we were at Louis' parent's house, they play conference bingo every year. I think I only got three bingo where as Kaileb got like 50. I'm not so sure how honest he was though ;) It was a wonderful conference weekend and there was a lot said that I'll be able to try to implement into my life.
a few minutes before conference started
A picture we took of ourselves, I think maybe I should
have turned the flash off what do you think
have turned the flash off what do you think
On our way back to our car after conference
Louis shares a birthday with his Grandma Nola Brandley, they're twinners. He loves being able to share her birthday. She came over for dinner that night at Louis' parent's house and we were very excited to give her the present we got. We had Megan (Phil's) take a picture of Louis and Grandma on Thursday while we were there for Phillip's mission call and then we put it into a frame for her. We also had a card for her and in the card we signed it with our names plus the name of the baby. We have decided to name the baby Avery Nola Brandley. We had Grandma read the card out loud and when she got to that point she couldn't read anymore because her eyes had teared up. Then of course knowing me my eyes started welling up too because I cry whenever somebody else does. She was so excited that we picked Nola for her middle name. So am I, it's the perfect name for out little baby. She's going to have a great person to live after.
Louis and his twinner, isn't this the sweetest picture
Well I know this was ridiculously long, thanks for those of you who read it!


2 comments:
I'm very proud to say I read the whole thing :) I was tempted to skip to the last to see what name you had chosen, but I resisted temptation :)It sounds like you had an exciting week! I love the name Avery Nola. I love when names have special meaning to them. Braiden's middle name is the same as Aaron's and we are naming our little girl after my Grandma too :) I hope you are feeling well! :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOUIS!
I love the name Avery!! There is a girl in Leahs dance class with that name and she is just adorable as I'm sure your little baby will be too! Sounds like you had a busy and fun week, take care and love you!
Post a Comment