My birthday went different than we had originally planned. In January I told Louis that I would love to spend the night at a hotel by myself, which he thought was weird, but I thought it sounded awesome to have a night all to myself! Instead, because of COVID-19, I had a "hotel stay" in my bedroom for the night. Which wasn't half bad. Around dinner time the Friday before my birthday I headed into our room while Louis took over the kids for the rest of the night. I spent the night working on a project, watching one of my favorite shows, and taking a bath. Sure it wasn't the same as staying at a hotel, but it was a relaxing evening. Plus, with everyone at home pretty much all the time right now, I have not had a whole lot of (as in not any) alone time.
My actual birthday was on a Monday, so it was pretty much a normal day. I did laundry, helped the girls with their online schooling, etc. Later in the day my parents, sister Sarah, and niece Abby came over to drop off some sweet surprises and sing Happy Birthday to me. My Mom had prepared dinner for us, meatball sandwiches, grapes, and carrots. Sarah and Abby made me a birthday cake and had also put together a sweet gift for me. It was a top highlight of this year's birthday.
Honestly, I am someone who was just fine with having a birthday during this self isolation phase the country is in. I don't love a bunch of attention put on me like with a birthday party, I like spending time at home with my family, and I like getting time just to relax. Overall, it was a good quarantine birthday!

No comments:
Post a Comment