Pages

4.17.2020

Back to School

Heading into third grade, first grade, and preschool for the four oldest kids this year!  Our back to school feast was so much fun!  I did a beach theme for the decorations and food and it was a lot of fun!  I was so happy with how it turned out that it was the only thing I took a picture of! 
This year my parents were able to join us for the evening.  We ate our dinner then talked over this year's theme and what it means.  "So little children, lets you and I try to be like Him.  Try, try, try."  It is from a Primary song.  After we talked about our theme each kid got a father's blessing.  I was also able to get a blessing from my own father which was very special.  I can't remember the last time he was able to give me a blessing.  To end the evening each kid got their new school clothes which was a tradition I had growing up.






All of the kids had a great first day of school!  Ethan and Wyatt have both never gone to school outside of our home.  Ethan understood what was going to happen and went right into his classroom with excitement.  Wyatt didn't really understand what was going to happen and was a little uncertain when it came time for me to leave.  I walked him into his classroom and sat him down at the table to trace his name like they do at the beginning of every school day, and he was good!  He ended up having such a great time!  I am excited for this year and see the growth that each child has.











No comments: