Pages

1.16.2017

All I Want For Christmas is my Two Front Teeth

The week after Thanksgiving Avery got to have her two front teeth pulled!  A few weeks before Thanksgiving Avery fell down in gym and hit her teeth.  She came home and told me what happened and that her teeth were hurting, but after that didn't say anything about it.  The week before Thanksgiving I noticed that Avery's front teeth were discolored.  So the lucky little girl that she is, she got to go to the dentist on her birthday!  I knew that she would possibly have to have her teeth pulled and prepped her for that, trying to stay as positive as I could.  She was excited that she would get to see her Uncle Matt, (the dentist) and how cute she'd look without her front teeth, and that she would be able to stick her tongue between her missing teeth.
We headed down to Roy after school and she started the afternoon off with getting her teeth cleaned and having some x-rays done.  It was determined that she did indeed need to have her teeth pulled.  When they are infected that can start to infect the permanent teeth.  So she got set up in a chair with a nose piece for some happy gas.  In the end they were not able to pull her teeth that afternoon.  The smallest nose piece they had was still too big for her so the happy gas wasn't working very well and they were having a hard time getting her numb with the shot.  She was so incredibly brave with everything though!
The next week I took her to a pediatric dentist here in Logan and with the smaller nose piece the happy gas worked!  With the help of the happy gas they were able to get her all numbed up with a shot.  Avery got to watch Frozen the whole time and while they were pulling her teeth she started singing along to Let it Go!  I was cracking up!  I'm pretty sure that was the works of the happy gas!  Just as we suspected, Avery does look super cute without her two front teeth.




No comments: