Pages

12.29.2016

Thanksgiving

Louis worked the morning of Thanksgiving day this year so we decided to stay home as a family.  
It was my first year of making the whole Thanksgiving meal!  Well I did have a little help.
Mary scrubbed all of the potatoes for me, it was so sweet that she wanted to help out!  She did a great job.  I had fun setting our table and getting it ready for dinner that night.  I put paper over our table and drew place setting for everyone.  
This is what they looked like:


For dinner I made turkey breast (I didn't want to make a whole turkey when really only Louis and I would be eating it), 
stuffing, mashed potatoes, rolls, and cranberry sauce.  For dessert I decided to make snicker doodle cookies and these little pretzel bites.  It's two square pretzels with a rolo in the middle.


It ended up being really nice staying home as a family this year.  
We enjoyed our meal with our sweet kids and talking about what gratitude is and what we are thankful for.  


1 comment:

Sarah Moran said...

I made a turkey breast for Christmas this year and I loved it! Roasting the whole turkey is so much work and we never eat the entire thing anyway. It looks like your Thanksgiving was really special.