Pages

7.01.2015

Home Again, Home Again!

A week ago today my parents returned home from their two year LDS mission in Milan, Italy.  They were serving there as military relations missionaries.  I think the highlight of their service was teaching seminary for the two school years they were there.
The day they got home those who were going to the airport mot up at Ben's house for lunch.  While we were there we found out that my parent's flight was 20 minutes ahead of schedule!  We rushed out to the airport and seeing as it was a Wednesday and lots of missionaries were coming home, the parking garage was completely full!  We were directed to the economy lot and had to take a shuttle back to the airport.  We got in there and there were so many people waiting for their missionaries!
About 5-10 minutes later we realized that there was a whole other building for international arrivals!  We got over there and Mom and Dad had already come down the escalator!  They said lots of people clapped for them, but they looked around and there was no family to be seen!So sad.  Hopefully Avery made up for it with the 20+ hugs she gave my dad that day!


It kind of felt like my parents had never left.  It was a fast two years.  I think it helps that with senior missionaries you can call and e-mail them whenever you want.  That was really nice to be able to do.
I am very grateful that I had such wonderful parents to raise me.  They have always been a wonderful example to me and taught me to be a good person.  Through out the last two years I have come to appreciate that more.
I am looking forward to the next few weeks as my siblings come in to Utah!  And the half a day when all 37 of us will be together!


No comments: