With Louis' work schedule I knew that we wouldn't get to be with him all of Father's Day, so the girls and I decided to throw him a Father's Day surprise party! It was so fun to plan and prepare for! On Friday I convinced Louis to go take a nap (it didn't take much convincing!) and then we started getting the party ready!
The first thing we did was bake some cupcakes! While they were cooling, the girls and I decorated the house. We had some leftover star streamers and I updated one of our banners to say "Super Dad". It was simple, but turned out looking really good! After decorating I had the girls each make Louis a picture while I got the food ready. Since it was lunch time I just made grilled cheese sandwiches and we had some fruit as well. I had also bought some Dad's Root Beer a few days before. The decorations were up, the food was ready, it was time to wake up Louis!
I went upstairs to Louis and told him to quickly get dressed and come downstairs. While he was doing that I gathered all the kids and we waited next to the super dad banner for Louis to come downstairs. When he was almost to the bottom of the stairs I counted to three and we all yelled SURPRISE! Louis got a huge smile on his face! Avery and Mary ran at Louis and gave him a hug then we opened presents. After presents we had our lunch then Louis left to get a root canal. Not the best end to a party!
Louis is an incredible father. He works a crazy schedule and still summons the energy to play with the kids when he gets home. He sacrifices so much for us and is so selfless. He is loving, silly, strong, and kind. We are so blessed to have him. Happy father's day!
I almost forgot to post this last picture! It is a memory that I definitely want to remember! For a few weeks Avery had been saying she wanted to make Louis a kite for father's day. So a couple of days before the party, she drew a diamond on some paper, colored it in, taped a Superman symbol in the middle, attached some ribbon and a toilet paper roll for the handle and it was done! It was such a sweet and hilarious 4 year old version of a kite! Avery was so excited to give it to Louis and after his dentist appointment she begged Louis to go outside and fly her kite! Louis was so sweet and went out with her. It was the funniest thing to watch! Avery took off running across the yard and didn't understand why her kite wouldn't fly! She still had a blast though and loved having her dad out their flying his kite with him!

No comments:
Post a Comment