Pages

6.19.2015

Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy Hoggy Hogwarts, Teach us Something Please!

Mom, this is for you!  We are alive and well!  I love you!  (My Mom called to make sure I was okay because I haven't blogged in a while.  She was afraid I was stuck in my moby wrap.  I'm not)

This last weekend was our Brandley Family Reunion!  Megan and Phillip were in charge of it this year and I can't quite put into words how excited I was for it.  We we going to. . . .HOGWARTS!!  I love Harry Potter.  A lot.  There is pretty much always a Harry Potter book on our dresser.  When we got out letter to Hogwarts, (guys I got my letter to Hogwarts!!)  I didn't even have to open it to know what it was.  I saw the lighting bolt on one of the letters and shouted, "Are we going to Hogwarts?!)  A dream come true!  Megan and Phill did such a great job, we had so much fun!


Before the big day we had to do some preparation.  First thing, we made our wands.  When I say we I actually mean Louis.  He's awesome.  After the wands we made some Wizard's robes.  Super simple with just a plain black t-shirt and a button.  The kids looked so cute in them!  Especially Ethan!



We were ready for Hogwarts!  



First thing we needed to do once we got there was of course be sorted into our houses.  
Louis was sorted into Slytherin and I was sorted into Gryffindor!





After the sorting we had a house pride ceremony which was decorating shirts with our houses.  
I think Tifannee probably won in our house for most creativity!  

Gryffindor shirts

Slytherin shirts by Louis

Tif's shirt
Do you get it?

Once we had finished our shirts we played Quidditch!  Quidditch!!  It's a lot harder than you'd think to keep a broomstick between your legs while running around chasing a quaffle.  Hufflepuff house won the championship.  The kids got to play around too and had fun taking turns putting the quaffle into the hoops.







As you can see the kid game was pretty intense

When we finished our Quidditch tournament we had lunch and then free time.  
Avery enjoyed playing in the water and Mary took a little nap in a hammock.  Which was adorable.  



 Mandrakes


The kids made owls




A good place for a nap



Oh and I CANNOT leave this out!  During lunch we had a surprise appearance!!

Professor Umbridge!!!

After our free time it was time for some more Hogwarts fun!  Potions class!  The kids had so much fun with these experiments!







When the kids were done with Potions class it was time for Transfiguration!  For this class we played charades and had Hogwarts themed words to act out with a classmate while your other classmate had to guess.  It was a lot of fun!  I don't have any pictures of this and that's probably a good thing.
After transfiguration it we had more free time.  Originally we were supposed to go to Herbology class and have a nature walk, but time ran too short for that.  During our free time Louis, Avery, Mary, and me decided to go on a short walk.  Then it was time for dinner.
To finish our day at Hogwarts we had Defense Against the Dark Arts.  We all gathered around the fire and it was lit by the house cup.  We talked and then the points were awarded and the winner of the house cup was Hufflepuff!  



That ended our day at Hogwarts, we were back on the train and heading home!  Megan and Phillip did a great job!  Everything was so detailed and thought through.  
Louis and I are in charge of the reunion next year and we are not even going to try to top this!


No comments: