Pages

1.11.2015

D.I. Scavenger Hunt

If you remember, I gifted Louis with a year of planned dates last Valentine's Day.  Yesterday Louis and I did our last date from the year of dates!  Originally for this date we had $20 to take to the D.I. and each pick out some things for our date.  Whether it was something for the other to wear, or a puzzle/game to play, whatever!  We changed this date though and I think it ended up being more fun!
In the middle of the night about a week ago I woke up and had the idea of doing a scavenger hunt at the D.I.  The idea kept waking me up that night because I was thinking of things we could hunt for.  In the morning I told Louis about my idea and he liked it so we started planning together some ideas of things to find.  Here is the list we came up with:

Ugly sweater/shirt

Green shoes
(Apparently I was moving while Louis was trying to get a picture of the green shoes)

Funky salt and pepper shakers
This was originally going to be our Santa as well, but we found a better one!

Something Disney
Ferb?  Is that right Matthew?

Chicken Soup for anybodies soul

Ugly tie
We had plenty to choose from.  That one on top felt like a couch.

Mug with funny saying
They didn't have many with sayings on them,

Workout video
Bonus points for it still being in the packaging!

Ugly baby outfit

Something that could be an artifact
For those who don't understand this one, it's from the TV show Warehouse 13.  
A very good show!  Louis and I both highly suggest it!
We decided this was Mother Goose's goose.  It will make you act out nursery rhymes.

Trophy

Santa Claus
Much better than the salt and pepper shaker Santa right?

Valentine's mug

A puzzle over 1000 pieces

Something that makes you think of the other person
The little maze thing made me think of Louis because he likes doing these kind of games.
The bear made Louis think of me because he loves me.  Awww!


I wanted to each get a cart and race each other for the scavenger hunt, but Louis thought we should do it together so we wouldn't have to return everything to the shelves after we were done.  Since these dates were a gift for Louis we went with his idea.  It ended up being more fun doing it together than if we were separated I think!

Here's the link to the post about the year of dates:  A Year of Dates

No comments: