Pages

1.21.2014

A Year of Dates

I put on Facebook last week that I was giving Louis a year of dates for Valentine's Day.  I'm putting together a binder with a date all planned and paid for for each month of the year.  I was asking for suggestions for a couple months I couldn't think of something for.  I had a lot of comments!  I also had several people ask me what dates I had planned for each month.  I was going to put it on Facebook, but that would make for a long status!  So I'm going to put it on here.  Louis never sees the blog, I'm actually pretty sure he doesn't even know the web address.

February-
Dancing and dessert.  It is an at home date, which is one of our favorite kinds! We'll get dressed up, and dance by candlelight.  Then we'll sit down and share a dessert of his choice.
March-
Cuddle Night.  I saw this idea on Pinterest for a cuddle kit.  I thought it was so cute and Louis loves to cuddle so I knew he would love it!  For the cuddle kit I put together a movie, some chocolates, and a homemade over-sized fluffy blanket.
April-
We will go on a walk to a bakery close by and each pick a treat.  Then we'll walk to the park to eat them and talk.  This is one we'll probably bring the kids along to because we also like family dates!
May-
Paper airplanes.  For this one we'll go to the library and check out a book on how to make paper airplanes.  Then head somewhere and have a little paper airplane competition.
June-
Pizza at the park.  This is one that Louis recently told me was a go to date for him and his cousin Jon to take girls on.  So I thought it would be fun to go on with him!  We will go buy a pizza and then go to the park and eat it and play!  This is also one we could easily bring the kids to!
July-
A night under the stars.  We did this one randomly last year and it was fun and romantic.  We will go outside just before sunset and lay on a blanket talking and waiting until the stars come out.
August-
Ducks and horseshoes.  We will go to Willow Park and play some horseshoes then feed the ducks.  This is another one that we could take the kids to.  
September-
Arcade night.  We've only been to an arcade together once.  It was lots of fun so I thought we'd do it again.  We'll have $10 to buy tokens and see how many tickets we can get. 
October-
Copycat date.  There are lots of copycat recipes out there for just about any restaurant on Pinterest.  For this date we'll pick a recipe and make it together.
November-
20 questions.  We've done something like this before and I've enjoyed it.  I came up with a questionnaire of 20 questions about ourselves.  We'll make cookies and while they're cooking we'll fill them out then share our answers.  
December-
This was one of the months I asked suggestions for.  Just about everyone said go to temple square.  If we're still in Utah we'll do that (we've only gone once during Christmas since we've been married!) and if we are not we're going to play in the snow and have hot chocolate.
January-
D.I. date.  We will each get $10 and we have to go around the D.I. to get things for us to do on our date.  A puzzle, a cookie sheet, a movie, something for each other to wear, etc.

I also included a page at the end with bonus dates.  I came up with some after I had finished and wanted to include them!

Bonus Dates
  • Game night.  We each pick a game and play it.
  • Frisbee golf.  There is a frisbee golf course in Providence that we could go try.
  • Picnic.  Pack a picnic lunch and either eat it in our lawn or at the park.
  • Window Shopping.  We each get $1000 pretend money and we go to some stores and "spend it" on each other.
  • Restaurant night.  We have a couple restaurant.com vouchers we haven't used so we'll just enjoy a night where I don't have to cook dinner!
  • Avery date.  For Avery's 3rd birthday we started a tradition where Louis takes her out on a date of her choice for her birthday.  (Mary will get one too when she turns 3) So for this date we'll copy their date!  Bowling, arcade basketball, and ice cream!
Those are the dates I came up with!  I think Louis is really going to enjoy it!  I can't wait to see which date he likes best and how our year of dates go!



4 comments:

Sarah Moran said...

What do you mean "if we're still in Utah?" Are you planning to move sometime soon? Also, your dates look like lots of fun.

Becca said...

Louis graduates with his masters in July. After that we will be wherever he gets a job. We could be anywhere! I'm guessing and hoping still in Utah, but who knows!

apugmire said...

You're awesome Becca! I hope your're still in Utah. we can help watch your girls while you go on your dates.

Unknown said...

Or you could move to San Antonio and we can be best friends again :)