Pages

1.21.2014

Lately

It hasn't been a very eventful year so far.  Louis started school about two weeks ago and we've started up our little preschool again too.  Avery and Mary have both liked it.  Mary doesn't get to join us for much of it, but she does like coloring, play dough, reading books, etc.  I got a laminator for Christmas so I've had fun making work sheets and downloading a few, mostly from education.com.  I laminate the worksheets then Avery does them with dry-erase markers and then we wipe them clean and do it again!
We are doing a different letter each week and doing different activities for each letter.  I am proud to say that Mary knows the letters A and B and the sounds they make.  We just started C today so she doesn't know that one yet.  We'll see how many she can continue to remember.  Avery is doing really really well with writing her letters and learning how to spell more words.
Last week Avery and I tried to make play dough.  I found a recipe on Pinterest that was just conditioner and corn flour.  It also said you could use cornstarch so I used that.  It did not work out.  At all.  It was fun to play with though!  It made me want to make goop again, we had fun with that over the Summer.  I'm wondering if it would have been better if I had used corn flour instead of the cornstarch.  We ended up going out to buy play dough and had fun with that.  It was Mary's first time playing with it.  Besides trying to eat it and crying when I wouldn't let her, she had fun!
I like having a little more structure in our day, and I love teaching my kids new things.  They both pick up on things rather quickly.  I'm hoping to continue with preschool and not slack off like I did in the Fall.  I have a plan for the year, so hopefully I'll keep up with it!
I plan on sharing the worksheets that I have created, but for today enjoy some pictures of my kiddos!







No comments: