Everyone hopefully knows by now that Louis and I are expecting a boy!
We are so very excited!
Louis was supposed to be working during the appointment, but luckily was able to get someone to cover for him! I had prepared a cute way of telling Louis the gender, but since he was able to come
we did was I prepared to tell the girls if they were having a brother or sister.
But we'll get to that a little later.
Can you see his face here? I swear it's there. He's even smiling!
I was a bit nervous going into this appointment.
I've for some reason had a lot of anxiety this pregnancy.
It was a wonderful thing to see our baby moving around! The first thing we saw was our baby boy open his mouth and stick his thumb in there! Sadly there is not photo of this.
Our little stinker had his legs crossed for almost all of the appointment. It was at least 20 minutes until finally all of the wiggling and the jostling of my stomach worked and he let us see that he is a. . .HE!
Louis and I gave each other a high five which is a typical Louis reaction for excitement.
It was the first time I cried at an appointment.
Now for how we told the girls! Avery was very excited about finding out. She has been saying she's going to have a baby brother for months. I kept reminding her though that we didn't know yet. Avery was very sad when I let her know that she wouldn't be coming to the appointment. It did cheer her up though when I let her know that she'd get to open up a box and find either pink or blue balloons for a sister or brother.
Sorry the video is sideways.
As you can see, Avery is very excited to be getting a brother.
Mary was very excited to get a balloon.
She does know there is a baby in mommy's tummy, but she doesn't know what brother or sister means.
Besides back pain and occasional heart burn I'm doing really well.
At this point at 20 weeks I am probably more than half way done. Avery was 3 weeks early and Mary was 2 weeks early. I am a little smaller than I was with Mary. I believe that is because this baby is settled soooo low!We're excited for February to come!
And now we're trying to agree on a name.
Which is hard.


2 comments:
So exciting!!! Megan says you can name him Josh if you want to :)
Congratulations again - this must be such an exciting time for your whole family!
Post a Comment