Pages

6.17.2014

Father's Day

I am so grateful for the wonderful father Louis is.  He is so great to our sweet girls.  He will play ballerina with them, read them books, teach them how to ride a bike, be so silly with them, and loves them so much!  I am continuously amazed with Louis and all he does.  He works crazy hours at work, he goes to school, and when he comes home he still has energy to play with the girls or take care of something for me.  I am so grateful for his patience and optimism.  I am so grateful that he will get on the ground with Avery and Mary and play around.  I am so grateful for the love and concern he has for his girls.  He acts like a tough guy, but he really is such a softy.  Especially when it comes to his girls.  I have loved the last three and a half years watching him become the father he is today.


This year for Father's day we kind of spread things out over the weekend.  We gave Louis his presents on Friday.  The girls made him some cards and decorated paper ties!  Avery had been making cards all week and made Louis at least five.  Louis loved them.  I also found a little "All About my Daddy" questionnaire on Pinterest that Avery filled out.  As for me I got Louis a new Superman shirt, that Avery helped pick out, and two Superman board books for him to read to Avery and Mary.




On Saturday we invited Louis' mom and dad to come up and go bowling and also Avery really wanted to show her papa that she can ride her tricycle.  Bowling was lots of fun and it was Mary's first time!  After bowling we came back to our home and gave Joel his present.  Avery had made him many many many cards!  I had printed off every single picture we had of Joel and Avery and put them together in a photo album mixed in with reasons why we love him.  I've said it before, but I really truly believe that Avery and Joel's spirits were very close before this life.  Avery is so lucky to have one of her truest friends as her papa.
On Saturday Avery and I also made a Father's day cake!  She had lots of fun helping with it.


On Sunday I made Louis breakfast burritos for breakfast and lasagna for dinner.  That was about it for actual Father's day though.  

Happy Father's day to our handsome dad! 
(that's what Avery calls him!  Isn't it cute!)



No comments: