The cats officially out of the bag! Louis and I are expecting our third baby!
I am due Valentine's Day 2015 and am currently 7 weeks.
Here's how we announced it to my family and to our friends:
Here is how we announced it to Louis' family:
It was a part of Joel's birthday present
Louis and I am very excited! This baby took a long time to come to us. With Avery it took us two months to get pregnant, with Mary it only took us 1 month. This baby took us 8 long months. I know there are some people that it takes much longer than that and I know there are some that may never get blessed with children in this life. But anything over one month of trying is hard and it gets harder with each month that passes. Especially if you've been blessed in the past with being able to get pregnant quickly. I remember after that first month I had a thought that we had been waiting for this baby for a long time. Little did I know we'd have to continue to wait for this baby for a long time.
After taking the pregnancy test and it being positive (finally) I went downstairs to tell Louis. His response? "High five!" I looked at him and said, "Seriously?" then gave him a high five. It goes along well with what he said when I told him I was pregnant with Mary. He said, "Good job!" I said, "You too!"
Like I said, I am currently 7 weeks. Although earlier this week I was convinced I was 8 weeks. I got so excited thinking that it meant Louis only had two weeks until he graduates and I only had two weeks until my first appointment! Then I looked at the calendar and realized that I was in fact only 7 weeks and all that was still three weeks away. I have been nauseous since week 5 and throwing up for the past week. With each baby it's come a week earlier, but it still lasts the same amount of weeks, if that makes sense. With Avery I got sick at 7 weeks and was sick until 14 weeks. With Mary I got sick at 6 weeks and got better around week 12. With this one I got sick at 5 weeks and I hope I'll be better by 11 weeks! Cross your fingers for me please. The medicine helps so much! I still have crummy days and crummy moments through out the days, but overall it's pretty bearable. The mornings are the worst, but once I take my pill and eat some food I start to feel better.
Avery is very excited about the baby and is hoping for a boy. She wants to name it Lincoln even though I told her she has a new cousin Lincoln so we probably won't choose that name! The only thing she doesn't like is that the baby is making Mommy sick. She doesn't like that she can't tackle me to give me a big hug because it hurts my tummy. Hopefully she won't hold it against the baby. :) Mary has no idea what's going on yet, but I think over time and especially once I start getting a belly she'll be able to understand it. Right now when I point at my stomach and tell her it's a baby she just corrects me and tells me it's my belly button!
We are very excited for this new baby to join our family and feel very blessed.


2 comments:
Wahoo! Louis' reaction is classic. I hope you start feeling better soon. Glad the meds help control your "morning sickness." Let us know if you need anything. Love you!
-Megan
I don't know which of the three Megan's this is, but thank you!
Post a Comment