Pages

2.17.2014

Princess Tea Party

Since September (I think) Avery and her cousin Maya have had a special play date once a month.  Celestial and I take turns hosting it, so far it has been so fun for both of us!  It's super fun for the kids too of course.
Back in December I had thought about doing a princess tea party.  I bought some supplies and saved them until it was my turn again!  
Today was the day!  Avery chose what princess dress she wanted to wear.  I did her hair.  We accessorized.  We found just the right shoes!  We decorated.  We prepared a lunch.  


Do you see her "glass slippers"?  $3 jelly shoes from the D.I.

Finally it was time for Maya to come over!  Avery and Maya both were beyond excited for this day! 
I asked Celestial to stay this month to help out with a few things that I had planned.
We started out by taking a few pictures of our beautiful princesses.

Our Cinderella and Elsa

Then we came in for our lunch.  We had crown shaped peanut butter and honey sandwiches, string cheese, and orange juice.  While they were eating I read them Frozen and Cinderella.  Since we had an Elsa and a Cinderella!  We also read Fancy Nancy, because Princesses need to be fancy!



After lunch we talked about how Princesses like to look pretty so they need a mirror to make sure they look beautiful!  I gave them each a mirror and we decorated them.  We just let them go to town with it.




After their mirrors were done we colored a castle then decorated it with some stickers.  Gram, Avery said that she made hers for you, so watch for it in the mail!


After this we painted our nails.  I picked out the colors for them because I have many options and wanted to make it easier.  I picked a mint color with sparkles for Maya because it seemed good for Elsa and a robin egg blue for Avery.  Avery decided she wanted sparkles as well, so that's what we did!  And contrary to what the picture may look like, Avery was happy to have her nails painted.



After that we had a yummy M&M snack!  
P.S.  Did you know you can turn just about anything into a preschool activity? 
How about M&M spelling??



While they were eating I told them how it was fun to dress up as a princess, but that we really are all princesses, no matter what we're wearing.  I asked them if they knew who our King was and Maya answered correctly, "Heavenly Father!"  We are all daughters (and sons) of a Heavenly King.  He loves us and is mindful of us.  He wants to see us happy and He will help us if we do what is right and remember Him.  Actually He'll even help us when we're stupid and make mistakes, because He loves us.  To help Avery and Maya remember our Heavenly Father and remember that we are Princesses, a child of God, I gave them each a slap bracelet that says I am a Child of God on it.


We love you princesses Avery and Himaya!




1 comment:

Celestial Starr said...

That is such a cute post!!! I love it!!! You really did an awesome job!!! They both had SO MUCH FUN!!! Thank you!!!