Pages

11.05.2013

Trick-or-Treat

This year we had two days of Halloween fun!  On Wednesday we were invited to the Pugmire's Fall carnival.  It was lots of fun I just wish Louis could have come.  Louis actually missed all of the Halloween fun this year.
The carnival had lots of fun activities!  We started with the doughnut on a string eating contest.  Avery and Isaac went up against each other.  Aver actually did really well.  They also had some crafts for the kids to do, a spook alley, a cake walk, you could sword fight with a pirate for his gold!  We had fun!





On actual Halloween day we started the day by going to the local radio station where they were giving away milk and doughnuts and you could also spin the wheel to win a prize.  We didn't win anything.  After Mary's nap we headed to Lee's Marketplace, a local grocery store, to trick-or-treat.  Then across the street to the mall for some more trick-or-treating!  

Later that night we went to our ward building for some trunk-or-treating!  It was our first time going and it was nice, I liked it.  I know some people don't like trunk-or-treating, but I like it!  After our trunk-or-treat we went to Jake and Celestial trunk-or-treat!  They were also having a ward carnival that night.  It was a lot of fun.  They had a bunch of things set up in different rooms.  They had crafts and a bean bag toss in one room, and a cake walk in another room, and they had a no hands doughnut eating contest, pictures, and more!  It was great their ward did a good job.  I personally think Halloween is stupid.  I don't understand it.  I was talking to our landlord who grew up in Germany and he also doesn't understand it.  BUT!  The girls had a good day and really enjoyed themselves so I'm happy!  Even with not liking Halloween I'm really loving this season and seeing Avery start to understand and comprehend more things.  She was so excited about Halloween an getting to be Pooh bear and getting to say trick or treat and get some candy.  I have loved this year and the growth she has made!





1 comment:

Jo Anne said...

To help[ you understand Halloween: It's all about the candy!!!