Pages

11.19.2013

Early Thanksgiving

About a month ago Louis and I were driving and I suddenly came up with an idea to have our Keeffer Thanksgiving a little early since everyone is going to be spread out this year for Thanksgiving.  So after talking about it for a few minutes I sent out a text to my family with my idea and asked who could come.  Just like that Louis and I were hosting Thanksgiving!
The day went really well, Louis woke up at 5 in the morning to put the turkey in.  Throughout the day we set up the table and made the potatoes and stuffing.  Louis also made a chocolate silk pie for dessert.
People showed up around 5:00 and we did a Thanksgiving craft.  We had a coloring page and we also had them trace out their hands and glue them onto a paper plate for turkey feathers and then draw the turkey's face on the plate.  After the craft and after the turkey had finished cooking I read a Thanksgiving book.  Then we got to feast!
Along with the turkey, potatoes, and stuffing, we had sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, rolls, and lots of desserts!  Everything was delicious and the company was great!
I'm glad I got this spur of the moment idea and had Thanksgiving with my family.  I am grateful for my family and that we are close.  I'm grateful that even though our parents are on a mission we still get together.





No comments: