Pages

11.02.2012

Halloween

We had a few fun things go on this past weekend for Halloween.  First off was a party at my sister Megan's house which was last Friday.  We had fun!  We started off by eating some delicious pizza (I could seriously eat pizza everyday) and Halloween shaped Mac&Cheese!  We also watched some silly and fun Halloween kid shows through out the night.  After eating we started carving pumpkins.  I don't really enjoy carving pumpkins.  I don't have the patience to do more than a normal jack-o-lantern face.  Unless I'm carving an upside down jack-o-lantern with a Miss Katie Brandley!  While we were carving pumpkins my wonderful little brother John proposed to his wonderful girlfriend Courtney!  When John got done with his pumpkin and most everyone else was still carving theirs he asked Courtney to go outside to light his jack-o-lantern and outside Sarina had set up a bunch of candles and a pumpkin that John had written "Marry Me" on.  Courtney said yes!  They will be getting married sometime in May in the Brigham City temple.  I am very excited for John and Courtney.  It's pretty crazy that my little brother is getting married.  I love him so much and am very glad that he found Courtney and that they make each other so happy.  After the proposal most everyone left.  We stayed a little longer because Avery loves her cousins Tafton and Mikaela and we don't see them very often.

Oh and about this last picture here!  We went back out after the proposal to take some pictures and John sat down on a candle!  He didn't even notice, he was just thinking, "hmmm it's a little warm right here."  Then when he stood up he realized he was on fire!  Luckily there was snow on the ground to put it out.  It was pretty funny.  And because John might be sad if I don't put this picture up, here's one of him tebowing.




The next day (Saturday) we went to the Hogle Zoo for their Boo at the Zoo.  The kids dress up and go trick or treating.  It was different from what I thought it would be.  Different businesses set up booths through out the zoo and you can wait in a long line for a kit kat bar if you'd like to.  We didn't wait in too many of the lines and only went into the ones with shorter lines.  Mostly we just went to see the animals.  I thought Avery would love it, she LOVES animals.  She got pretty excited about the elephants, polar bear, and the tiger.  She got excited about the tiger mostly because she was convinced it was Tigger!  It was super crowded, but we had a good time.  It was a lot of walking!  I'm hoping we can go back next summer.  


That was our Halloween fun!  We dressed Avery up, (she had two different costumes) but didn't go out to do anything on Halloween.  Avery doesn't know what's going on and I couldn't teach her how to say trick or treat.  I'd try and all she would hear was the work treat and start asking please all excited!  So we stayed home and only had 2 trick or treaters.  3 if you count Kamila stopping by and me luring her into the house with the promise of candy.  I hope everyone had a fun safe Halloween!


No comments: