Pages

11.06.2012

Big Girl

Ever since we brought Mary home Avery has seemed like such a BIG girl compared to her.  She is continuing to learn so much and is so fun!  The latest thing that has made Avery seem like such a big girl is her moving out of her crib.  We moved her out almost 2 weeks ago.  I just moved her mattress out of her crib one night laid it on the ground and decided to see what happened.  She was super excited about it and that first night she got out of bed and opened her door 3 times.  Each time I simply said, "go to bed" and she would run right back to bed.  I also decided to put the baby gate up in front of her  door to prevent night time wandering.  I was really worried about it, but it ended up going very smoothly.  I go in to check on her each night before I go to sleep and sometimes she's laying on the floor next to the bed, but most nights she's curled up in her bed looking like such a big girl.  No longer my little baby.  Even though that's a little sad, I'm loving watching her grow.



2 comments:

Turning 50 said...

Isn't it astonishing how grown up she seems when you bring a new baby home. They are both so precious!

Sarah Moran said...

What a big milestone! I'm glad she made the switch to no crib easily. Is that your old blanket I see in the last picture?