Pages

10.02.2012

First Week

We've had little Mary home with us for a week now.  So far it has gone very well!  I was pretty worried about how Avery would handle it because she's such a mama's girl, but she's been great!  She loves her little sister.  She'll go sit by Mary and scootch right up next to her.  She is very soft with her and strokes her head and places her hands on her tummy and gives her kisses.  Yesterday she also gave her a high five and then pounded it.  It was hilarious!  Watching my two kiddos really makes me realize how incredibly blessed I am. I have so much love in my life.
We have had a few visitors in this last week.  First it was Ben, Sarina, and Lizzie(I didn't get any pictures).  Sarina wasn't able to come to the hospital because of work.  It was really nice, it makes me happy to see other people love my children.  The other visitors we had were John and Courtney.  They came and had lunch with us and watched a football game.
Mary has been a very good baby!  She is a champion nurser, it makes me so happy!  Avery was a horrible nurser, I tried for 2 months and eventually just started pumping and giving her a bottle.  Sad.  Mary doesn't sleep as good as Avery did at night.  Avery slept an average of 5 hours at a time from the beginning so I would only have to get up once during the night.  Mary sleeps 3-4 hours at a time, so I get up twice during the night.  Still not that bad.  And worth it.  Mary is slowly starting to stay awake longer during the day.  She'll stay awake for about an hour, sometimes an hour and a half.  She is very sweet and we love her!






1 comment:

Nanette said...

She is beautiful. Congrats! I can't wait to meet her. Good luck with the 2 kids thing. It's a little crazy at first... at least it was for me.