I've been waiting to do this post for a while. I've been feeling quite crafty this year and made some Christmas presents. Now that Christmas has come and gone and the presents have been given I can post about them!
This first one was for my cute little niece Elizabeth. She is almost 6 weeks old so I was hoping that this would fit her, but she was tiny and only 4lb 12oz when she was born, so it's going to be a while before she gets to wear these.
 |
| Cute Onesie and Hair Bow. |
I made the onesie with fabric paint, to make the dots I just used the eraser of a pencil and for the little ones i used the back of a small paint brush. Super cute, cheap, and easy! The bow was my first one making and it turned out good!
 |
| Sweater Dress |
Tutorial for the sweater dress
here. It turned out pretty well and was only a little stressful to make. I made it out of one of my old sweaters that I'd grown out of. I also got some cute stripey tights for her to wear with them.
The next one was for my nephew Teancum! He's only 8 months old, but his parents like him to wear a white shirt and tie to church already. Not that he'll wear these Tie Onesies to church, but I knew that they'd like them.
 |
| I like the middle stripey one the best |
I can't find the source I used for this! But here's a pretty good, different, but good, tutorial for the tie onesie
here. They were pretty easy to make, but unpicking the side seam for easier access kind of sucked.
The last thing I made for Christmas was a moby style wrap for my sis-in-law Sarina (the one who just had lil' Lizzie). I had made one for myself and really like it. I got some fabric for pretty cheap
here. The only con to this style of baby carrier is that it's a ridiculous amount of fabric, they're so nice though! My favorite of the 3 kinds of carriers I've tried. Avery loves it too. I don't have a picture of Sarina's, but here is the one I made for myself:
 |
| Sarina's is plain red |
I had fun making gifts this year and I think it makes them more special and personal. Hopefully everyone appreciated their gifts and will be able to get some good use out of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment