Pages

9.23.2010

Worst Doctor Appointment of My Life

Today I had a doctor appointment. I now will be going every two weeks, crazy the end of my pregnancy is creeping up on me! Well anyway so my appointment was at 2:15, I got there around 2:10 and checkecd in. The lady that was helping me check in and taking my payment was horrible! She was trying to multitask I guess, but she just can't do it. Right when I walked up and told her who I had an appointment with and my name she turned to talk to another receptionist guy trying to help him find something. Pretty much totally ignoring me. I wouldn't have minded if she had been able to MULTITASK and pull my appointment up at the same time. Then after she was done helping that guy she pulled my name up and confirmed my birthday, address, phone number blah blah blah. She then turned and talked to the lady next to her about who knows what, yes it was work related, but still did she have to do that right then when I am standing in front of her trying to get checked in? So finally she than asked if I'm on a payment plan and I said yes and she asked how much I pay a month, and I told her. The phone then started ringing and she answered it! Seriously?? I'm standing here with my card in my hand waiting for you to take it and swipe it and give me the receipt to sign. Can you really not talk on the phone and swipe my card at the same time? Oh geez, it was annoying. Finally she was done and I finished up there. Then I went to wait for them to call my name. I wasn't waiting long thankfully. So I went it and they weighed me took my blood pressure, the usual you know. Then the lady left and said my doctor would be in to see me in a few minutes. 45 minutes later she finally came in. I was about to go walk out and ask if they had forgotten I was in there waiting or if she got called in to something or if I needed to reschedule because it was just ridiculous! The most annoying part is that I wait forever and the doctor only sees me for 5 minutes. Just long enough to measure my stomach, listen to the heart beat, the baby kept moving around so much though that she kept having to move the wand thing around to catch her. Then she'll just ask if I have any questions and after that I'm good to go. So all in all a very bad doctor experience today. Sorry to vent, but for those who don't know me too well, I am not patient. So this helped writing it all down, thanks for listening.

3 comments:

Laundry said...

you should complain next time. I mean, I can understand waiting 45 minutes, cause something can come up, but it still shouldn't take 45 minutes. As for the receptionist, you really ought to complain about her. Her careless-ness was uncalled for and it probably happens a lot, which means it will most likely happen again to you.

Becca said...

I've had to wait awhile before, but they at least came in and explained that my doctor was called in for a delivery so obviously I was fine with waiting. There was no explanation this time though. And the receptionist lady I'd never seen her before, so maybe she's new, but I'm going to make sure I never go to her again

The Dance Source said...

So been there! So sorry! You'd think they'd realize how miserable it is to sit there for so long. You were nicer than I would have been! Hopefully your next one will be better. How are you feeling these days?