We started out the night with our delicious dinner all decked out in our Hawaiian luau outfits!
After dinner we did our hula dance, Avery was adorable about it!
Once the dancing was over we sat down so I could talk about our theme for the school year.
This year I chose a section of scripture in Jacob 4:3
We talked about how exciting it was going to be to go to school and how much Avery was going to learn! Avery told us that she was most excited to learn how to read! I told her that even with all of the great things she is going to learn this year that even more important are the things she learns in our home and at church. Then it was time for Avery to get a blessing for the start of the school year. At this point Mary jumped up, ran over, and put her hands on Avery's head! I cracked up and snapped a picture before we talked a little bit about the priesthood.
It was a fun night together and I'm so excited for Avery's first year of school!
I know she's going to love it and she is going to learn and grow so much.




No comments:
Post a Comment