Pages

5.21.2016

We've Moved!

We have been in our new apartment for just over 2 weeks now.  Things are settled nicely, there are still things to be done, but I'm not running around everyday completing one project after another and that is nice.  We are now in a 3 bedroom 2 1/2 bath apartment.  The extra space for our family has been sooooo nice!  I don't know what I've liked the best, not sharing a bathroom with the kids, or having a washer and dryer in our own home.  The garage would be on that list too, but that is one of the things that still needs to be organized and put together.  So I'm not currently parking in there.
The day we moved in was a mix of emotions.  We walked in the door and it was a mess!  I was so overwhelmed and furious at our landlord.  The floors were dirty, the counters were dirty, the windows were dirty.  It was ridiculous.  Clearly the previous tenants didn't do much before they moved, but what made me furious at our landlord was that he clearly didn't do much either!  He said he was going to paint and get the carpets cleaned before we moved in and I doubt either of those happened.  So my morning was spent trying to quickly clean everything before the boys came with their first load of things.  I was so grateful when Annette and Tifannee showed up and were so helpful with helping with the kids and helping me clean.  I would not have made it through the day without crying if they weren't there.  Many other people came to help through out the day and I'm very grateful for everyone!  We've changed things up a bit since I took these pictures.

Living Room

Office Area

Dining Area

Kitchen

Boy's Room

Girl's Room

A few projects we have done so far, putting up shelves in the garage and digging out the garden spot and planting some flowers.  We still have some more shelves that need to be put in the garage before that's finished, but we've made a good start!  We just did the garden this afternoon and it was a fun project to do all together!








We're liking our new apartment so far (Mary's had a bit of a hard time) and are looking forward 
to the memories we'll make here!

No comments: