Pages

2.14.2016

Love Day

In our family for Valentine's day we do a family celebration!  For the last three years we have had a candlelit pizza dinner all together and we love it!  I've made a heart shaped pizza for this before, but this year we went with Little Caesar pizza.  We all love this tradition and it's so fun being all together!  Since Valentine's was on a Sunday we did our candlelit dinner on Saturday.
I had prepared some foam hearts with each persons name on one.  Before dinner we went through them and we all said a reason why we love each other and wrote it on their heart.  I'm happy that we have a home full of love and that we appreciate each other for what they do and who they are.  





After dinner we played pin the heart on the Valentine!  Avery's favorite game for any party is this game!  We've played many versions, pin the beard on the Louis, pin the glass slipper on Cinderella, pin the bow on Minnie, etc.  This was a surprise for Avery and she was so excited!  She set up the game and told everyone how to play and we had fun.  
When we had all had several turns of pin the heart on the Valentine we settled down on the couch and read some scriptures about love.  Our favorites, 
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."   John 3:16
"But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him."  Moroni 7:47


Then is was off to bed for the kids!  


On Friday night Louis and I exchanged our gifts.  Louis' gift was sweet, he had printed off a bunch of Harry Potter coloring pages for me and a note that said it was to color while we had a Harry Potter marathon since I had just finished all of the books.  So that will be a fun date night in the future!  I got Louis a new brown coat as well as a cuddle kit!  I've done this for him once before.  It's everything we need for a perfect night of cuddling, a cozy blanket, a movie, and some chocolates.  So after the kids were in bed we snuggled up on the love seat, watched a movie, and ate some chocolate.
It was a really nice night together.


1 comment:

Jo Anne said...

Such a beautiful family. We love you.