Most everyone knows now that Louis and I are expecting our fourth child!
Come mid to late July we will be a family of six, and I can hardly believe it.
Since I know I am going to get several of the same questions over and over and over again in the next few months I am going to answer them here. I really hate getting the same question over and over so hopefully this will help that not happen haha! Here we go!
The question I've been getting most of all is, "Was this a surprise?" No this baby was not a surprise. Since Ethan was probably only one month old I could physically feel that someone was missing from our family. I didn't know what it meant exactly. Maybe that another child was coming to our home soon. Maybe we only had one more child waiting to come down. Maybe both? Clearly another baby was coming soon. I still don't know if it is our last kid or not. Which has never been the case. With every other baby I knew that it wasn't our last kid. Back to the fact that this child is not a surprise. When I thought about having a baby, the month of November came to my mind and it kept coming to my mind. And what do you know we got pregnant the first month we started trying, November! When I looked at the test and it was positive the exact words that went through my head were, "I can't believe I'm pregnant" Followed by, "man I'm going to be fat, I haven't even lost all of the weight from Ethan!" My heart was racing and I honestly felt like I was going to throw up. I also couldn't stop shaking for the next 30 minutes. Then Louis got home from work and Avery ran up to him and said, "Mom's pregnant!" Louis looked over at me with a big smile and the shock was gone.
The follow up question to "was this a surprise" is, "How old is Ethan?" He is 10 months old. He will be 18 months old when the baby is born. I am not worried about how things are going to go. At least Ethan will be in nursery already! Avery and Mary are 22 months apart, so this will be a slightly smaller gap, but I really think it's going to be great!
I am feeling fine. With each previous pregnancy I have gotten pretty bad morning sickness. It has been the worst with Avery and it lasted the longest with Ethan. So far this pregnancy, I have been feeling pretty good. I have been getting nauseous every now and then through out the day, but overall have been great! Which makes me so happy because it is just awful throwing up for two months straight. I do expect to eventually start getting sick, but I am extremely grateful that I have made it to almost 8 weeks without being too sick.
Another one I've been asked A LOT, yes we will be moving at some point in the next 7 1/2 months. This is a tough subject for me and I would appreciate it if people did not ask me about it all of the time. I promise when we do move I will let everyone know.
I think that goes over the questions I've been asked the most. We are excited about this baby, the girls are super excited for a new baby! Mary says we have two babies now, Ethan and a baby in Mommy's tummy. Avery has not said anything about what we should name the baby yet, hopefully she comes up with something as great as Hammer!

4 comments:
I'm so excited for your family! You are a great mom and this new baby is so blessed to be part of your family. Love you!
Thanks for sharing and glad that I read this cause now I won't need to ask these questions to you lol :) I second what your other friend wrote:)
Thanks for sharing and glad that I read this cause now I won't need to ask these questions to you lol :) I second what your other friend wrote:)
Congratulations!!! That is wonderful news! 18 months won't be so bad. My kids are 20 months apart and it was tough at first but now they are best friends and refuse to do anything without the other. I think 18-22 months is a perfect gap for spacing kids :) It helps that you are already such a great mom.
Post a Comment