Pages

11.24.2015

Avery is 5!

Our sweet Avery turned 5 on Sunday!  I was not planning on doing a party for Avery, 
but she started planning one all on her own, a rainbow party, so I went with it!
I told Avery she could invite 5 friends for her 5th birthday party.
We sent out invitations and last Friday was the big day!


We started out the party by making crowns!
Then we played some minute to win it games!  They were so much fun!


They had to use a straw to blow six pom poms across the tape line


They had to sort the skittles into the correct colored cup


This one was the best!  They kids had to put a pair of tights on their heads.  The tights had an orange down one of the legs.  Without using their hands the kids had to swing the orange back and forth and knock over 4 bottles.  It was so fun for all of them and hilarious to watch!


In this last game we had two soda bottles taped together with gumballs inside. 
 The kids had to shake the bottles until all of the gumballs transferred from one bottle to the other.
  They had fun and some kids went a little crazy!

Then is was dinner time!  One of Avery's favorite things to eat are peanut butter and honey sandwiches so that was what was on the menu.  We also picked something for every color of the rainbow!  I am kicking myself for accidentally deleting the picture of it, so you'll just have to use your imagination for a little bit.  We had a platter lined up with strawberries, carrots, bananas, celery, blue corn chips, and purple grapes!  It was so cute!

After dinner it was of course cake time!  I am so happy with how Avery's rainbow cake turned out  It looked great as I put it into the oven and I'm so glad that when we cut into it that it looked awesome!  

going in to the oven 

After we cut into it

When everyone was filled with yummy cake we went over to open presents.  
Avery has some great friends and she got some fun things!  


We finished off the night by taking some silly pictures!  They kids wanted to keep going and trading props, 
in the end they traded props four or five different times.


It was a fun night and everyone had a great time, especially Avery!

On Avery's birthday she was sick.  Avery and I were both up all night with her throwing up.  
I think we got a accumulative of 3 or 4 hours of sleep.


  So by 5:30 when she stopped throwing up she was so tired!  She fell back to sleep around 8 and sleep for several hours.  When she woke up she was better, but still not feeling well.  She was able to eat some food and thankfully keep it down.  
Since she seemed to be a bit better we had her open her birthday presents.  
Even being sick she was very excited while opening presents!  I am glad she was able to enjoy it.  



The rest of the day was spent laying on the couch and eating when she could.  
Not the best way to start your 5 year old year is it?  
My favorite part of Avery's birthday was at about 12:30 A.M. I asked her how old she was and she of course answered 4.  
I shook my head and she got this HUGE smile on her face and said 5?  


Avery is so excited to be five!  I think it's going to be a good year.

No comments: