I'm very scared that I'm just going to be pregnant forever. That 37 weeks is going to pass, then 38 weeks, then 39 weeks, then 40 and there will still be no baby. I am ready to get this over with. Does that sound horrible? I don't mean it to. What I mean when I say that is I am ready to bring the baby home and get adjusted to life with two kids. I'm sure it is going to be a tough first month or two and I'm ready to conquer it!
At my appointment Friday I was dilated to a 1+ and 70% effaced. My next appointment is this Friday and I'm hoping for a big jump from that 1+! My fear right now is my water breaking! It never did with Avery. Seriously, I have absolutely no recollection of it breaking at any point during my labor or delivery. That's why I'm terrified, I have no idea what to expect! The signs of impending labor I'm having are, an increase of braxton hicks contractions (about a dozen or more a day), mild crampiness, and I haven't gained any weight in the last 2 weeks. I would be ecstatic if I was woken up at night with a real contraction, and then another one 7 or so minutes later! That's what happened with Avery, and it was great!
I'm hoping this is my LAST pregnancy update! Wouldn't that be nice?? To finish I have two pictures, one is from last week and I've put it on facebook so everyone has probably already seen it. The other one though I took today and it's of what I really look like most days. In my belly pictures I always make sure I'm dressed cute and my hair and make-up are done, you know, I want to look presentable! This one I took in my super comfy yoga pants and my old baggy shirt because I'm most days I'm just in my pajamas and I figured I should take a real picture of myself before this pregnancy is over!
| Me looking all cute and hugely pregnant |
| Me looking real and hugely pregnant! |
Yeah I'm still wearing my pearls. They make me feel pretty! Even when I'm in my pajamas and have a hard time getting up and down, I still like to feel pretty :)
With all this mostly negative get out of my body things being said, I also want to say this: I am so grateful for my body and the amazing things it can do. I am so blessed to have Louis in my life and be able to create these perfect children with him. I thank my Heavenly Father each and every day for Avery and this little baby. Pregnancy is not always fun, but I would go through it a hundred more times for these little ones. Sometimes I even wonder how I am ever going to stop having kids with all the love and happiness I feel. I am truly blessed.
4 comments:
You're so close!!! I hope for your sake, this little girl is in as big of a rush to get here as Avery was!
So exciting! That baby will be here before you know it. :) I can't wait to see her. Good luck with everything!
It's going to be awesome! We are super happy for you and your family :) We just wished you lived closer!
-Josh
In order to live closer to you guys Josh, we'd have to move in with you!
Post a Comment