If you don't know my grandpa, you should! He is just about the most amazing man I know. I'm sure his other grandkids would say the same thing. Am I right? He is 87 years old and still lives a very active life. For the past several years he has participated in the Senior Olympics. I've been able to go to a couple of them over the years. Yesterday my mom and I drove up to Pocatello to watch him compete. He did 6 events this year, 3 on Monday and 3 on Tuesday when we were there to watch him. I'll try to remember all the events he did, hammer throw, javelin, football throw, shot put, and softball throw. There's one I'm missing, but I can't think of what it is. We were there to see the shot put, the softball throw, and the football throw. He did very well in all of them and got 6 gold medals. He says the secret to his success is that he's out lived his competition. It's true, he was the only one in his age group. I love going to see him compete and it brings back lots of fun memories of being in his back yard and him showing me how to throw the javelin and shot put!
Grandpa throwing the shot put. His distance was 21 feet and 10 1/2 inches
Waiting for his next turn to throw the shot put, you get three throws
~~~~~~~
On our way back home Mom and I stopped in Malad to get a ho-made pie. That's right, ho-made. She had seen the sign before and wanted to go back and see if it was still there and see if we could meet this ho. We didn't meet the ho, but we did each get a slice of pie and I shared mine with Louis this morning. It was pretty delicious, very good crust. The ho didn't do too bad of a job!
2 comments:
Your grandpa is remarkable!!! He is such an inspiring example of staying active! Sounds like a lot of fun, and who can ever turn down a pie? Yum Yum
I love grandpa so much! He is so awesome and I hope I get his health genes. :)
Post a Comment