For about the past year my siblings and I had been planning a surprise anniversary party for my parents 40th wedding anniversary. It was a little difficult getting everything organized with everyone living all over the place but in February when most everybody got together at Charissa's house they were able to sort things out and make assignments for everyone. It finally came together and on the 8th we had the party! We ended up telling my dad about it so he could help us out getting the church reserved and everything and my mom ended up finding out about it as well, but she still acted surprised when we told her about the party a few days before. My sisters Charissa and Jessica were able to come out with their families (not including Erik) and we missed Sarah, and John of course who's on his mission. The party ended up going really wekk and everything looked great and I think my parents had a good time. My parents have moved around a lot so for the food we did a little something to represent the places that they have lived and we had signs around the table saying when they lived there and what happened while they were there. Around the middle of the night Ben got up and said a little something about our parents and his best memories of them and we all followed after that. I was right before Megan and she ended up crying and I ALWAYS cry when Megan cries so when I got up I started crying too. Geez! My voice sounds all funny when I start to cry so hopefully people could understand what I said. The hilight of the evening, for me anyway, was after we had finished talking and Ben got back up and said that he had gotten a video from John saying a little something. It was really neat seeing him and hear what he had to say. The only pictures I have of it are the ones Charissa took on my camera and they are of us getting everything ready a few hours before the party started.
Me ironing the tablecloths, the best part of the whole night!
On another note Louis and I find out what we're having one week from today. So I'm starting to show a little bit, I probably just look chubby to people around me who don't know I'm pregnant, but we've taken some pictures of my belly so you can see!
This is the day I found out I was pregnant
This is about 15ish weeks
and here I am at a little over 18 weeks! Just barely starting to really show
5 comments:
I'm so excited for you!! gah!!! :)
You're so gorgeous!
Less than a week till you'll know! Yay!
also, I'm surprised that more people think you are having a girl in the poll. Sweet!
It looks and sounds like the party was a BLAST! I was so sad I had to work and couldn't make it, but I'm sure your parents really appreciated everything you guys put together for them! I hate it when anyone in my family cries too because it makes me cry as well! Congrats on finding out what you're having next week!
The anniversary party turned out so great! You guys did such a good job putting it together. I can't wait to find out what you are having.
Post a Comment