"What could you do better for your children and your children's children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved? Some of what you write may be humdrum dates and places, but there will also be rich passages that will be quoted by your posterity.
"Get a notebook, . . .a journal that will last through all time, and maybe the angels may quote from it for eternity. Begin today and write in it your goings and comings, your deepest thoughts, your achievements and your failures, your associations and your triumphs, your impressions and your testimonies. Remember, the Savior chastised those who failed to record important events."
-Spencer W. Kimball
I'm not even going to try to catch up on what I missed this year, and am just going to start up on the most recent happenings of our family. The most recent exciting thing from our family is Avery's baptism! Avery was so exciting for this day to come and was counting down the days leading up to it. The morning of the baptism I had mostly everything done for the events of the day. We just had to get everyone ready and out the door. Thankfully, some of Louis' family came up early to help get the kids ready and out the door. I was able to go to the church early with Louis and Avery to help her get into her suit while Louis' family helped get the kids ready and to church. It was fun because I was able to see Louis and Avery practice in the hall for the baptism!
It was sweet seeing more and more family file into the chapel to support Avery on her special day. Avery, Mary, Maya, Mikaela, Jill, and Elizabeth were able to sing "When I am Baptized" as part of the program and did a great job. The baptism itself went well, Avery only had to be dunked once and she came out of the water saying she was cold! She also felt good and warm inside. I helped get her changed and into the room for the confirmation. There were probably twice as many kids as there were adults so it was a bit noisy during the confirmation, and I couldn't really hear the blessing even though I was right there up front, but the spirit was there and it was wonderful.
Avery had the sweetest smile on her face the whole day and it was a great day for her and our whole family.
Kami and Nana made this baptism girl cake for Avery!






1 comment:
Thanks for sharing this. I might add that President Kimball also talked about how the angels may quote from our journals. That's a humbling thought.
Post a Comment