1. The number one thing I always get together is toiletries. I buy travel size toiletries because they are small, cheap, and I can have everything I need together and don't have to remember to grab things when we're trying to head out. And let's be honest, I don't have much time to be grabbing last minute things when the time comes. Here is a close up picture of what toiletries I bring.
Make up remover, body wash, face wash, shampoo and conditioner, razor, deodorant, lotion, toothpaste, and a toothbrush. Not pictured is a few make up items, chap stick, and hair ties. I have all of this packed in a make up bag and, for the shower things, a Ziploc bag. Lotion and chap stick may seem unnecessary, but seriously bring them.
2. Don't laugh, but I'm bringing depends! I have heard that they are great postpartum! So I'm trying it out!
3. Nursing pads and Lanolin. Nursing pads are not necessary for everyone to bring. With my first baby my milk didn't come in while I was at the hospital so I didn't need them. With my other two though my milk came in within the first 24 hours. The hospital does have nursing pads they can give you, but I didn't like them so this time I'm packing my own. As for the Lanolin, they also have some they will give you. I teeny tiny little tube that they will charge you $15 for. So since Avery, I bring my own.
4. Comfortable yoga pants and a loose shirt. With my girls I stayed in the hospital gown the whole stay, with Ethan I brought some comfortable pajamas to wear while I was there. It was great! I didn't have to worry about my bum hanging out whenever I got up and it made me feel better. Also, don't forget the socks! They do have those hospital socks, but they're always so big and floppy.
5. The baby book! In our baby book there is a spot for the baby's footprints. If you bring your book with you the nurse will do footprints in it for you! Plus if this isn't your first baby you can start filling in some of the book while you don't have your other kids running around you.
6. A few movies or a TV series. You are going to be spending a lot of time sitting in a bed. Even though you're so enthralled with your new baby it can get a little dull. I always bring a TV series or movies to entertain us for a bit. When Avery was born the movie Elf was playing!
7. If you remember a while back I posted a picture on Instagram and Facebook of a swaddle sack that I made. I thought it would be really cute to bring to the hospital to get some pictures. Laying on top of the swaddle sack is a binky. With Ethan I brought my own binky because I hate the hospital binkies! I prefer the MAM brand.
8. I also bring a blanket from home to wrap up my babies in. My favorite kind of blankets are the Carter's swaddle blankets. They are some what lightweight and they are stretchy so they grow with your baby.
9. Nursing cover. If you have family close by you're going to have a lot of visitors. I know some people are fine just whipping it out and nursing their baby, but I am one who feels more comfortable covering up. So instead of having to frantically look for something to cover up with when someone knocks on the door, I bring a nursing cover and keep it handy.
10. Going home outfit for baby and me! Seeing as this is my first summer baby I wasn't really sure what kind of clothes to pack for him. I decided to just bring a long sleeve onesie and I'll cover his legs with a blanket for the drive home. For myself I am bringing a beautiful and comfortable maxi dress! I think a dress is a good going home outfit because if you're a little sore you don't have anything pushing on your stomach or back.
11. Last minute things I throw in on our way out, phone charger and camera. And I always grab my purse so I have all of my insurance information and all that stuff.
That's what I bring to the hospital! It's probably a lot of things for some people and for others it's hardly anything. This is what I have found works best for me! I believe I did have someone bring me my own pillow with one of my babies and it was nice to have, but definitely not necessary. If I really want it, I'll just have someone bring it to me again! The perks of having family close by! What do you pack in your hospital bag? Anything I didn't include that you couldn't live without?



No comments:
Post a Comment