It set us back at least 30 minutes. Mainly because we had our own jack we were trying to use before we ended up using the jack that came with the van and finding the very specific place it needs to hook on to. We had to drive around 55 the rest of the way because of the spare tire, because of that we didn't get to my Grandpa's until about 7. We dropped him off and visited for a little bit then headed to our hotel. We used Priceline's name your own price function and got the Fairfield Inn and Suites for only $57 a night. I highly recommend Priceline.
The next day we headed over to my grandparent's after breakfast and Louis and my Grandpa left to get a new tire for the van. We didn't know if we would need to get two tires or if they would let us just get the one. Gratefully we only needed one because the tread on the other tire was still good and it only cost us $82, such a blessing. After the tire was finished we went out to eat at Chuck-A-Rama. Then walked around the temple. We don't think the temple was opened, but the gate was opened so we went in. There were men gardening and no one told us to leave so we decided it was okay to walk around. Avery was even given a four leaf clover by one of the gardeners. He said, "Just a little bit of luck from your humble temple gardener." Avery was overjoyed with that, but I think her favorite part about the temple was running through the sprinklers.
After the temple we went to Cabela's to see the fish and animals. It was actually Louis' first time in a Cabela's and he really enjoyed himself. Avery did not. She was having a I'm-three-years-old-and-I-want-to-be-independent problem.
After Cabela's we went to the dancing fountains. I can't remember what it's actually called, but it's a new shopping center with restaurants and a little covered grassy area with hula hoops for kids and a play ground. It was really nice. Every hour the fountains dances to a song. We got there about 15 minutes before the show was to start. We were there at 4:00 and the show was really good, but I bet it would be cooler at night because they have lights with it too.
The next day we had planned on taking Grandpa and Grandma out to lunch, but I woke up feeling really sick. My medicine didn't even help. We decided it would be best if we just headed home instead.
The drive home was much better than the drive up, no surprise mishaps and the kids both took a nap.
We had a great time up in Nampa and were so glad that we got to go up and spend a little time with my grandparents.

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

1 comment:
What a fun little trip! Thanks for all the updates on your life today; I'm loving catching up with your family.
Post a Comment